Saturday, September 20, 2008

fall festivities





It's that time again, and we went apple picking with lots of Lucy's friends.

We tried a new place this year. I didn't think a tractor ride was the best idea for a 35 week pregnant woman, so we chose an orchard with an optional hay ride. This place did not disappoint - a short walk to the orchards, plenty of apple varieties, barn animals, pumpkin patch, tractor to sit on, hay ride, and snacks - cider, caramel apples, doughnuts, and hot dogs. [What more could you ask for?]

Upon arrival, we loaded up Lucy's red wagon with snacks, jackets, bags, and a the occasional kid and headed into the orchard. The apples had suffered a little hail damage this summer but were still juicy and delicious. Nothing beats a just-picked apple!

A good time was had by all and I was happy to get my cider doughnuts – which I had been craving all summer [I guess that's to be expected being pregnant with a fall baby.]

No comments: