Saturday, June 13, 2009

trains and concerts

Lucy went on her first train ride today. She really liked taking the train/subway [though it may have been a little longer than it needed to be]. Her favorite part of taking the train was, "sitting on the green seat." [Really? You'd think her favorite part would be something a little more novel than that . . . ]

Anyhoo, we took the train to see the They Might Be Giants kids show. They really put on a fun show! Much different than Laurie Berkner, but just as enjoyable. They even brought out broom to sing [of all things] "I Am Not Your Broom." I loved the live version of "Seven Days Of The Week (I Never Go To Work)" they even brought out a special guest to play trumpet [who's name I cannot remember - but he was great - and either goes/went to Berklee].

Lucy loved the show and enjoyed dancing in the aisle. Daddy got her another concert t-shirt. [This one is really cute - I wish they had it in adult sizes. I will have to get a picture of her wearing it sometime.]

My only criticism would be that it was a little loud . . . is that just my age talking, or should we be more careful of their young, delicate ears? Either way, I can assure you, we'll be at the concert next year! [Maybe sporting ear plugs?]

No comments: